ENGLISH

Viravaidya's plan to set up a watchdog company to monitor SET-listed companies and expose possible abuses of corporate ethics. I agree with him whole-heartedly and would like to know where to mail my checks to subscribe to the company's shares. Could you advise?

Also, I fully support his request for the media to report on the lifestyle of former executives of the failed banks and finance companies. We all know too well that these people will not be punished legally because of the inefficiency of the Bank of Thailand in collecting evidence against them and of our justice system in delivering timely justice. It is the media's job to discover how these guys are better off after destroying our country, and it is the Thai people's job to socially punish them.

I would like to propose that newspapers and TV stations play up this issue (the continued luxurious lifestyle of the former executives) to attract more public attention, and I will give them Bt20,000 of my hard-earned salary with my full blessing.

Artit Krichphiphat (An ordinary Thai citizen who wants to see the right things get done) Editor's note: Khun Mechai will organise a seminar on the plan on June 7 at the Telephone Organisation of Thailand at 10 am. The media already has the duty to cover such issues without additional financial reward.